Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VIA USB-2 combo card

From: seph 004
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VIA USB-2 combo card
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 02:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

> > Or does anybody have a suggestion of an USB-2
> addon card for a notebook (pccard) that works with
> the USRP.
> >

> Jim Perkins recently told me the following:
>
>     I recently tested an inexpensive Zonet USB 2.0
> add-on card. It has
> the Via VT6212L chipset.  The Via based card worked
> very well.  The
> benchmark_usb.py test returned OK for all speeds
> including 32 MB/s.
>
> Matt

I tried using an ALI based Chronos USB 2.0 pc card. It
did not work well at all. It could only do USB 1.0
connection to the USRP. It worked with the USRP at
first, but after a few days I could not get any
attempts at USB2.0 USRP connection to work. I'm not
sure if it is the chipset, but perhaps Chronos cards
are best avoided.

Lance

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7