[Discuss-gnuradio] The correct way to receive pulses?

From: seph 004
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] The correct way to receive pulses?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

My question is about the correct setup to receive
pulses. I've managed to get my system to transmit 1
second pulses at 16 ms intervals.

I wanted to test how the usrp receives these pulses
again by routing the output of the basic TX board, to
the input of the basic RX board. This seems to work
for continuous wave signals, but when I try to route
my pulsed output back, the signal appearing on the
host pc appears to be saturated. I end up getting a
series of combs that don't seem to be related to the
incoming pulse in anyway.

The pulses are centred at 40 kHz and have 2 kHz bw.
I've set the decimation rate to 250, and used the
set_freq method to tune to 40 kHz. I know I can
receive a 40 kHz wave as I have done so with a
modified version of usrp_siggen.

Is there something Ive overlooked in terms of the
settings I've used?

Regards

Lance