Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rearranging a running flow graph

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rearranging a running flow graph
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 23:33:19 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 11:51:09AM +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:
2007/3/17, Josh Blum <address@hidden>:
I think gnuradio needs a mux and a demux block. A mux has N inputs and a
set_n method. The mux will only feed the output with the nth input
stream (throw out/ignore the other inputs). A demux has N outputs and a
set_n method. The demux will only feed the nth output with the input stream.
Has anybody written something like this allready?

I think this should be implemented using the work-in-progress
that Johnathan's doing for hier_block2.  It may be about a week too
early to use ;)

How would you go about doing this? I had thought that one could use a bunch of message sources and sinks, and a thread could facilitate data transfer for only one source-sink pair. But how could several blocks with single inputs appear as one block with multiple inputs? Seems like trouble...

On another note: The original problem was trying to toggle a section of a running flow graph on and off. The gr.skiphead seems to be able to do this by starving the data stream for the first n samples. Could there be a gr.valve block that can starve a data stream based on a boolean flag? The flag could set by an open/close method (or something to that effect).

Or a block like this exists and I missed it?