Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] offset at input of LF_RX

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] offset at input of LF_RX
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:44:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Matt Ettus wrote:

Oddly enough, usrp_oscope.py doesn't show any DC bias whatsoever,
regardless of what offset I put into the function generator.  Maybe
it's removed inside the flow-graph?

DC offset is automatically removed in hardware, but you can turn that
feature off.

Can you explain that in more detail, please?  Do you have a capacitor
is series with the signal flow to remove any dc?

It is done digitally.

If there is no dc-removing capacitor in the circuitry , then should I not expect that for a board using a single (positive) supply, that the signal is always above zero?

Matt

thanks,
eric