[Discuss-gnuradio] audio card sampling rate problem

From: Jiri Pittner
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio card sampling rate problem
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:32:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I have been experienting with gnuradio for some time and I have noticed an
annoying problem
with the audio sampling rate: in the scripts from the example directory it is
set to a hard
value of 32ksamples/s. However, my laptop audio card (or its linux driver) do
not support
this speed, only 44100 or 48000. So when updating to scripts from new gnuradio
source it is
always necessary to adapt the values in the scripts. Is there some way how to
ask the alsa
system about supported audio sampling rates from within a python script? I
guess there can
be more users with such limitations and it would be nice if the final gnuradio
applications
would determine the audio rates automatically.

Best regards,

Jiri