[Discuss-gnuradio] Oscope sink + small sample source file

From: Jeffrey Karrels
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oscope sink + small sample source file
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:47:20 -0400

Hello all

Let me try and explain my issue.

I have a file source connected to a filter and a scope sink.  I see
that my scope only displays data if the source file is size x or
greater. (around 2100 samples in my case). In cases where the input
source file is smaller than x I get a blank (white) scope screen.  Can
someone explain to me what is going on there? Is there a way to
display smaller files? (or do I just have an error in my methodology?)

Thanks
Jeff

#########
sps     = usrp_rate / options.decim_rate

#Setup scopes
self.scope1 = scopesink.scope_sink_f(self, panel, sample_rate=sps)

self._build_gui(vbox)

#Data source files
signal_src = gr.file_source(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.signal_file)

#Filter Signal Data
xtaps_signal = gr.firdes.low_pass(1.0, sps, filter_cutoff,
filter_transition_width,gr.firdes.WIN_HAMMING)

xfilter_signal = gr.freq_xlating_fir_filter_ccf(1, xtaps_signal, offset, sps)
        self.connect(signal_src,xfilter_signal)

c2r1 = gr.complex_to_real()

self.connect(xfilter_signal, c2r1, (self.scope1,0))