[Discuss-gnuradio] A problem with ALSA

From: 葛元恺 (Yuankai Ge)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] A problem with ALSA
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:59:06 -0700

Hi,

I'm also tring to making some sound out of the USRP box, however, even
test with the most simple script to generate a dial tone given by
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html
the alsa seems can not work as expected. I could listen to music
successfully under my Ubuntu 7.04 and gnuradio-alsa is successfully
configured and compiled. I've checked some old maillist record to
solve this problem but nothing helps.  And I'm not using any music
player at the same time when test the python script (Maybe my Ubuntu
occupies it? I don't know....)

Hope here someone encountered the same newbie question as mine~ ^_^

audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: Device or resource busy
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./dial_tone.py", line 20, in <module>
   fg = build_graph ()
 File "./dial_tone.py", line 13, in build_graph
   dst = audio.sink (sampling_freq)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py",
line 236, in sink
   return _audio_alsa.sink(*args)
RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink