[Discuss-gnuradio] DRM receive

From: Jiri Pittner
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DRM receive
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:16:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

did somebody try to use gnuradio for receiving DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale)?
It seems to me that neither M-QAM demodulation nor the apropriate audio codec
is presently implemented in gnuradio, however, the DRM program "dream" has
an option --fileio, which should be able to replace the sound card as the source
of the IF samples. So I think until everything is available in gnuradio,
it should be possible to do the RF processing with gnuradio (using basic-rx
and some preamplifier) and feed the frequency-translated data to dream, which
would do the rest.
Does anybody know the format of the data which dream --fileio expects?
Did somebody try this approach before, with/without success?

Best regards,

Jiri