[Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble Wrapping BPSK mapper with Python using SWIG

From: Jeffrey J. Ung
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble Wrapping BPSK mapper with Python using SWIG
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:37:25 -0700

Hey everyone,

This is my first post, so allow me to introduce myself really quick. My name is Jeff and I'm a UCLA student working on a GNU Radio Project where I will attempt and hopefully succeed to implement BPSK modulation/demodulation on a GNU Radio with a USRP - hopefully being able to send something over to another GNU Radio with BPSK modulation and being able to demodulate it on the other end.

I've run into a problem though - I'm trying to wrap gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper.cc with Python using SWIG, but when I try to run it in python, I get this error:

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general$ python gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper.py", line 7, in <module>
    import _gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper
ImportError: /home/jeffc3s/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/_gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11omni_thread6init_tC1Ev

I've generated the .o and .so files required (I followed the SWIG Python module tutorial), but now I don't know what is wrong. Anyone have any idea? I sure could use the help. Thanks in advance!!!

- Jeffrey