Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 64 bit vs 32 bit

From: Manaen Schlabach
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 64 bit vs 32 bit
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:43:49 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 09:49:15AM -0400, Manaen Schlabach wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to GNUradio. I have a CPU that is capable of running 64bit GNU/Linux distributions but have not installed it yet on the machine that I am using GNUradio yet. I heard that 32bit v. 64bit makes a difference with the newest python interpreters. Is this the case? Is there a significant performance boost when running GNUradio apps in 64 bit mode?

The performance is better under 64-bit.

Eric

I was afraid of that.  It looks like I will be reinstalling my distro :)

Thanks,
Manaen