Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] start/end of burst issues

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] start/end of burst issues
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:07:18 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:
On 8/3/07, Zhuocheng Yang <address@hidden> wrote:

You haven't really modeled what the board is doing properly, so your code is probably doing exactly what it should in the circumstances you're giving to it. You should get a dump of the raw packets George's server is trying to send to the USRP and run them through your simulation.

This basically solved the problem. It turns out that the start and end burst flags were swapped in the host side code. This obviously created problems :) By using live packets, we were able to pinpoint it. Once the host followed spec, the problem was solved and we are now moving on with life :)

As a side note, we also tested out spacing like you suggested using the oscope and timestamps. The FPGA is properly waiting for the timestamp to reach and transmitting at that point. Using the oscope we checked proper spacing according to our timestamps and it is correct.

Moreover, I think you may have some signed/unsigned issues.  I
haven't been able to recreate the problem you specifically see, but
it could possibly be related to another problem that I see when I run
your code - specifically when the time has become negative (in a
signed sense).

Right, we agree with this. This is something we also need to fix. Thanks for this heads up :)

- George