[Discuss-gnuradio] understanding writing to registers

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] understanding writing to registers
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:01:05 -0400

Okay, so we're trying to get read/write registers to work correctly, and we're trying to understand how a register read/write currently works using the following methods:
  _write_fpga_reg()
  _write_oe()

We are monitoring the serial I/O enable signal using a logic analyzer and writing to registers using the top two methods. When using them, we never see the serial I/O enable signal asserted like we think it should. So we're wondering, what happens when these methods are called?

Second, we are trying to re-write serial i/o to support the read/write C/S packets but do not understand serial i/o that well. We don't quite understand the input and output. Can anyone explain it at all, so we understand what we need to change about it and what our new design is going to look like?

Thanks!
George