Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: hangup in make process

From: vsrk sarma
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: hangup in make process
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 21:22:53 -0700

After upgrading to  1.5 GB  make completed  without errors.
make check results in one error.
ImportError: No module named Numeric
rstest and test_all are OK.
test_blks_import (__main__.test_head) and test_gru_import (__main__.test_head)
are giving errors. Full log file is attached.Numeric module error is not clear, though
Yast shows  Numeric as installed. both gnumeric and python-numeric are installed.
can u pls help?
vsrk sarma

On 8/18/07, Eric Blossom <address@hidden > wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 08:17:00AM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> vsrk sarma wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to run gr with only few components installed?
>
> Yes. Your list of configured components is ok.  The remaining components
> are optional and require additional libraries or tools to build.
>
> > Can software be tested without hardware installed?
>
> Yes.  Run 'make check' after the build as is described in the
> installation instructions.
>
> > Is 512MB RAM adequate?
>
> For 3.0.x, not really; we recommend 1 GB of memory.  In release 3.1,
> this will go down to 512 MB recommended.

I'd still recommend 1GB for the build (g++'s resident set size is still
about 450MB when compiling the trunk)

512MB should be fine for running, depending on what else
you're doing on the machine.

  RAM : cheap :: PROGRAMMERS : expensive

Eric

--