Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with tx path in bbn code

From: DiX
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with tx path in bbn code
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:41:34 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your reply!

Greg Troxel wrote:

> DiX <address@hidden> writes:
>
> We used the receiver much more.  Beware that the default flags don't use
> the barker code (because it's so cpu intensive), and that you'll have to
> turn that on if you want to try to interoperate.

-- Yes, the rx path works like a charm!

> How are you injecting packets into the transmitter?  We had this set up
> to use a pseudointerface to get packets to/from the kernel from the
> 802.11 code.  If you don't send it packets it won't send anything.

-- I use bbn_80211b_transmit_path.send_pkt(payload, eof) to send packet.
Should that work?  Is it possible to send from a packet from USRP with bbn
code and receive the packet on a standard wireless card in my laptop? By
receiving, I mean detecting with the help of ethereal.

   Best,

   -Di