[Discuss-gnuradio] Cygwin build problem: PortAudio

From: Andrew Rose
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cygwin build problem: PortAudio
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:51:22 +0100

My second build issue.  The specified version of PortAudio doesn't build.  Sadly, I don't have the output any more, but there were compile errors.  I suspect this is because the instructions (http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/PortAudioInstall) directed me to install a latest development snapshot version (pa_snapshot_v19), rather than a stable version.  The stable version (pa_stable_v19_061121) compiles fine.

Another few questions.

1. Does anybody know why the snapshot, rather than the stable version was recommended?

2. Does this reason still hold?

3. (If this hasn't already been answered in reply to my last email), how do get an account so that I can update the Wiki with improved instructions?

Andrew