Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:07:04 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, that works in principle, but I'm finding that I cannot sustain the same data rate as before on a fast dual core machine.

I'm acquiring all 4 channels, and I'm doing both low-pass and high-pass filtering on all of them. I am also displaying 5 sinks simultaneously; 1 fft and 4 scopes.

I set the decimation in the fpga to 128, and in the host to a further 10 for an effective data sampling rate of 50 kHz, and while the gain problem is gone I'm seeing some uO errors.

With the decimation set to 250 in the fpga, as I was doing previously, I can sustain data rates of 128 kHz without a problem while having all 5 sinks going, albeit with the gain problem.

So, in the long term it would help to have this sorted out in the fpga if that's possible; is that impossible as things stand now, or is there sufficient space in the 4rx no hb fpga?

thanks,
eric