[Discuss-gnuradio] Contribute to the in-band project: profile the code

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Contribute to the in-band project: profile the code
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:57:37 -0400

Hey all,

There have been many people popping their heads in and out of the list
and sending me private e-mails to check the status of the in-band
project, as most of you are interested in building MACs or using those
wonderful new timestamps so far :) Here's your chance to help the project and help us push it closer to release.

We are in the stage of profiling the code and are looking for users to
help contribute profile results on different architectures. If you could
contribute to an architecture, we would greatly appreciate it. There is a wiki with instructions on how to setup and run oprofile on the code, along with what architectures we already have results for:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/InBandProfiling

Note that you _need a USRP_ to participate. Once oprofile and the code is built, each of the 3 applications only takes ~30 seconds.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!
George