RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find field sync for over the air HDTV s

From: Nirali Patel
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find field sync for over the air HDTV signal
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:00:44 -0500

Hello Eric,

> [In looking at interp.py, it could be modified to run something like
> 4x faster by using gr.interp_fir_filter_ccf instead of what's in
> there.  Also, decimating by 10 seems a bit agressive.  By 8 would give
> you more usable signal, though would require changes in the interp.py
> code.]

I have gotten a set of RAID 0 drives installed and now I can write with a
decimation factor of 8 without any overruns. I would like to modify
interp.py to appropriately interpolate and lowpass filter the 8 Msps signal
from the USRP. Would it be sufficient if I interpolate by 2? Or do I need a
higher, maybe fractional interpolation rate? I am also unsure of what the
filter cut-off frequency would need to be after the proper interpolation. If
you have any suggestions it would be a great help!

Thanks,
Nirali