[Discuss-gnuradio] Why is Barker Spreading difficult to usrp?

From: DiX
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why is Barker Spreading difficult to usrp?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

       With BBN codes and FLEX2400 d'borads, now I can received 802.11b
packets from standard wireless cards, and communicate between two USRPs with
barker spreading off.  These make me really excited  :)

       However, I failed trying to send any packet from USRP to PC.  I
believe it is because the barker spreading of the tx path was not working
well and PC could not interpret the packets correctly. I also sent packets
between USRP with barker on. That did not work too.

       It seems barker demodulator works but modulator does not. Why is the
barker spreading difficult for usrp? Is it because the 1MSps symbol rate is
too tough for the USRP board?  ( USRP is not that fast to deal with 1
million 11-bit batter sequence?)

      Best,

      Dix