Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_ofdm_rx not working

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_ofdm_rx not working
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:43:50 +0100

Archana Ragothaman wrote:
Hello,

I am using two USRPs rev 4 and two RFX2400. I am basically trying to make the USRPs communicate with each other using the benchmark_ofdm_tx.py and benchmark_ofdm_rx.py scripts. The commands I am executing are

./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f2.4e9 -T A (at one USRP connected to laptop)

./benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -f2.4e9 -R A (at the other USRP connected to another laptop)

The benchmark_ofdm_tx.py script is working as I can see the packet number displayed(I wrote a print pktno in the script)

However the benchmark_ofdm_rx.py script does not give any output. I don't think the rx_callback function is being executed(as the packets are printed in that function).

Can anyone please help me out and give suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thank you.

First, try running the benchmark_ofdm_tx on one side and tht usrp_fft to display the received power at the receiver. What does this look like?

The problem is likely that you are not transmitting enough power. There is a --tx-amplitude flag to adjust this. Set it to 2000 - 4000.

Tom