[Discuss-gnuradio] CIC passband compensation

From: Nirali Patel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CIC passband compensation
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:57:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I am trying to understand the USRP receive chain response and referred to
earlier posts that gave me almost all the information that I needed. However, I
am unsure whether the HB filter compensates for the passband droop that occurs
in the CIC. My understanding of the CIC was that the frequency response has a
sinc like function and is typically followed by a FIR which compensates for the
sinx/x shape in the passband. Does the HB filter response compensate for the
non-flat passband of the CIC?

Thanks,
Nirali