[Discuss-gnuradio] Compile/swig error

From: Alex Young
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile/swig error
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:39:13 -0400

(I'm not sure if this got sent the first time, I apologize if I am repeating myself)

Hi,

for background info, I am running ubuntu 7.04. my gnuradio code is laest development branch downloaded and installed about two weeks ago. I got it compiled and installed without any problems. however, i do have a problem now: i have written a block that takes in two bytes and outputs three bytes, something i'm calling gr_interp_test_bb. I've gotten the .cc, .h and .i files in /gnuradio-core/src/lib/general. I have edited the general.i and Makefile.am and inserted the names of my files at the appropriate places. When I run make and make install from /gnuradio-core/src/lib, i can not see any errors in the ouptut text. however, i then run python from the command line, and enter "from gnuradio import gr" and this is what i get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
   from gnuradio_swig_python import *
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py", line 23, in <module>
   from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py", line 6, in <module>
   import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-core.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZTV17gr_interp_test_bb

I found something about adding "/usr/local/lib" to /etc/ld.so.conf, so i tried that and it didn't work.
fwiw, my /etc/ld.so.conf now looks like:

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib

any help, ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Young

Alex Young
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>