[Discuss-gnuradio] patch to extended oscope to enable dualchan and compl

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] patch to extended oscope to enable dualchan and complex mode on basicRX and basicTX
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:14:48 +0200

Hi all,
inspired by the question of George Nychis I extended the usrp_oscope.py script
to enable dualchannel and complex mode for basicRX and LFRX.

You can find a patch and the complete modified script at:
http://www.olifantasia.com/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/oscope_basicrx_dualchan/

You can copy the new script or apply the patch to your current
gr-utils/src/usrp_oscope.py.
The patch should apply cleanly if you have version 3.1 of gnuradio.

There are two new commandline options:
  -C, --basic-complex   Use both inputs of a basicRX or LFRX as a single
                        Complex input channel
  -D, --basic-dualchan  Use both inputs of a basicRX or LFRX as seperate Real
                        input channels

With --basic-complex both inputs of a basicRX or LFRX are enabled to form a
single complex channel (I=input A, Q=input B)
With --basic-dualchan both inputs are treated seperately and so you get two
input real channels. (I1=input A, Q1=0, I2=input B, Q2=0)

The difference between the two options becomes clear when you set a nonzero
frequency.
With the dualchannel option you can set the frequence for each channel
seperately.
With the complex option you can set only one frequency. If you set this to
nonzero, this is only usefull if you actually have an I and Q signal
connected to both inputs.

Greetings,
Martin

Below is the original question which inspired m to write this modification.