[Discuss-gnuradio] No TX on usrp_nbfm_ptt.py example

From: jonathan.mitchener
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] No TX on usrp_nbfm_ptt.py example
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:23:26 -0000

Hi all,

Using GnuRadio (3.0) on OSX (10.4.10 Intel) with USRP (RFX400 dau) and
the example apps mostly run fine ...
But the usrp_nbfm_ptt.py example receives only.  The app suggests that
pressing SpaceBar should enable transmit (I'm trying PMR 446MHz band)
but absolutely nothing happens (either UI or functionally in the h/w)
when I press space.  I am assuming that the UI does something to reflect
that the thing has switched to TX when it works?   Receive from a
suitable handheld PMR set works fine.  Any top level ideas what I am
doing wrong?
Is there anything about the hardware setup which causes the app to
inhibit TX?
Are there any jumpers or such that I need to set on the Flex400
daughterboard to allow TX?

Thanks
Jonathan.
Jonathan Mitchener
Futurologist & Principal Research Scientist - Devices
BT Group Chief Technology Office

        e-mail:  address@hidden

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or
address above) immediately.
Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc email system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes.