[Discuss-gnuradio] Dead USRP

From: Keith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dead USRP
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:42:34 -0600

One of my USRPs has quit showing up as a USB device.  I have 2 USRPs.  They are
connected to 2 different PCs.  I use one more often than the other.  I went to
use the other one and ran the usrp_fft.py example program.  I get the error
"RuntimeError: Unable to find USRP #0".  Running the command tail -f
/var/log/messages and plugging it in doesn't show any message when the USRP
connected.  When I connect the working USRP I get the messages:

Oct 31 10:57:04 localhost kernel: usb 6-1: new high speed USB device using
ehci_hcd and address 14
Oct 31 10:57:05 localhost kernel: usb 6-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

I've switched out the USB cables, 6V power supplies, and computers that were
known to be working because they worked on the USRP.  I still get the Unable to
find USRP #0 error.  The USRP was taken apart and the circuit board was
inspected.  No damage was found.  The USB connector had a good electrical
connection to the board traces.  I believe the USB controller chip went bad.
Is there anything else that could cause this besides that?

Also I couldn't find any documentation on the status LEDs.  Is there any you
could point me to or explain what different blinking patterns mean.

Thanks,
Keith