[Discuss-gnuradio] sgo-filesink-seq

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] sgo-filesink-seq
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:45:09 +0000

Hi,

I have now finally put together a release of a buffered filesink that
I wrote a while back. The aim was to create a reliable way to
continuously sample long periods of IQ signals in a data-portable
manner. For this reason, the byte order is always saved as big endian.
Also, the recording is chopped into a sequence of reasonably sized
files (size configurable).

It is available at:

http://mep.fi/juha/gnuradio.html

The package also comes with a sampler script (sampler.py) that can be
used to sample the IQ stream using USRP:

For example, to sample at center frequency 10.7MHz with decimation 32,
you would just say:

./sampler.py -c 10.7e6 -d 32

The data will then be continuously sampled and chopped into one second
sized files (default file size) is a 16-bit interleaved big-endian
format. A log file will record the center frequency, the used RX board
and sample rate. A timestamp file will be written, which contains the
approximate time when the files were written and the buffer fill
percentage.

In the examples directory there are also some sample GNU R and python
scripts that I have written to do some "real-time" monitoring of the
signals while recording.

juha