Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed assertion in gr_buffer.h

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed assertion in gr_buffer.h
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:25:16 -0800

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 12:09:29PM -0500, Ed Criscuolo wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:
>
> >Take a look at general/gr_bytes_to_syms.{h,cc}.
> >
> >(It's deprecated because there's a more general way to solve the
> >problem it was addressing.  However, the basic pattern is sound.)
>

> Eric,
>
>  I looked at gr_bytes_to_syms, and at gr_sync_interpolator.
> gr_sync_interpolator requires a 1:N integer interpolation factor.
> My digital bitstream's rate is unrelated to my output rate,
> so my interpolation factor is a floating point rational number
> expressable as M:N.  It's similar to the rational_resampler,
> but in the digital-bitstream domain instead of in the
> digitized-analog-signal domain.
>
> I checked my consume_each and return value, and did find
> an "off-by-one" error, but I'm still getting the
>
>   failed assertion `s < d_bufsize'
>
> error.

Are you consuming more input than is available (as indicated by the
ninput_items argument to general_work)?

I suspect a problem either in forecast or in your loop control
in general_work.

Regarding "floating point rational number": if it's M:N perhaps you
should be working with rationals, not floats.

Eric