[Discuss-gnuradio] Is that possible combining usrp_fft.py and usrp_spect

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is that possible combining usrp_fft.py and usrp_spectrum_sense.py to do spectrum analysis and observe in GUI in a wider frequency range?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:54:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I am new to Gnuradio. I did some test and simple implementation. Now, I have
a question about combining usrp_fft.py and usrp_spectrum_sense.py.

I know that usrp_fft.py gives a spectrum at certain center frequency I
specified, and shows the result in a GUI window. By changing the decimation,
I can get the spectrum at interested frequency within different bandwidth.
Say, if decimation is 16, the bandwidth shown in GUI is 4M, if option -8 is
applied and decimation is 4, a 16M bandwidth can be got. So that means that
I can do the spectrum analysis and observe it in GUI window just within 16M.

Later on, I found that usrp_spectrum_sense.py can be used to analysis
spectrum within any frequency range, I just need to specify the lower bound
and upper bound of the frequencies. And I can save the output to a file and
plot it using Matlab. However, I want to observe the spectrum in a GUI
window, like usrp_fft does, rather than the output file.

Is that possible that by modifying usrp_fft.py and combining it with
usrp_spectrum_sense.py, the spectrum within a wider range of frequencies can
be observed in a GUI window?

By giving the min_freq and max_freq, the nsteps, min_center_freq, and
max_center_freq can be set. Do I need to call self._build_gui(vbox) after
each updated center frequency? And all will be plotted in one GUI window?

Do you have any suggestion on it? I really appreciate!

Thanks in advance,
Brook Lin