Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio building errors

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio building errors
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:02:35 -0500

Hi Ahmed,

I'm currently working on a project which involves gnuradio. I followed the steps
of installing gnuradio in windows environment described in the gnuradio
website. When I was going
through "make" step (after I installed all the required utilities and
libraries) , the process stopped with an error that says

Making all in runtime
make[5]: Entering directory
'/usr/src/gnuradio-3.1.1/gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime'
.deps/gr_basic_block.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.
make[5]: Leaving directory
'/usr/src/gnuradio-3.1.1/gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm using cygwin under windows XP. Does anyone have an idea where the problem
might be? I'd be really grateful.

It sounds like your *.Plo files have been corrupted. If they contain any Windows-type file paths (e.g., c:/..., C:\..., or similar) that could be the problem. Can you send the first few lines of .deps/gr_basic_block.Plo and any lines that contain "c:" or "C:"?

Once you've fixed the problem that caused the *.Plo files to be bad you will need to rm -rf your gnuradio-3.1.1 directory and start over from the "tar zxf". step.

Regards,

-- Don W.