[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: AGC and PGC

From: Aadil Volkwin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: AGC and PGC
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:03:46 +0200

Hi Pierre,

As far as I understand the TVRx board has two AGC stages: An RF and IF AGC. Look in this file: (gnuradio-3.1.1/gr-usrp/src/db_tv_rx.py) to see how GnuRadio models the gain characteristics in the data sheet and subsequently sets the appropriate registers.

Here you will note that the PGA is also set, the PGA though does not reside on the daughterboard, but is part of the AD9862.

I'm sure the list will correct me, if i'm mistaken.

I would be interested to see how your work in this area progresses and I would appreciate it if you would keep me updated.
perhaps we could collaborate, i too am interested to investigate USRP and TVRx performance in various characteristics.

I'm working towards eventually building a PCL radar.

regards,

Aadil