Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dynamic Range and 8 Bit Problem

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dynamic Range and 8 Bit Problem
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:04:08 -0500

Hi Firas,

>>I think we could quickly double the processing gain (and gain 6 dB >>S/N >>and dynamic range at higher decimation rates) by either shifting >>by 4 >>bits before the CORDIC stage or eliminating the divide by 2 at >>the end >>of the CORDIC stage.

Can you modify the FPGA quickly and send me the RBF file?. I want to make use from the measuring equipments I have currently to test the modifications before I return it back.

It has been on my (long) list of things to do, but so far I have never built an RBF file and don't have the tools to do so. But I can point to the places in the Verilog code that I would change, if that would help.

-- Don W.