Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding vector_sink_c

From: Wee Shinhan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding vector_sink_c
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:44:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi eric,

Thanks for the reply, i have connected it to the
channel filters, i trying to do an estimate on
wireless channel coefficient. Therefore i'm trying to
capture the complex data received before
de-modulation. I havent have much success using vector
sink even when i set a range for the data captured,
all doesnt seems right.

Is there any blks that will be useful for my
experiment? Or do i have to write my own C++ blk to
process my needs. Thanks again.

regards,
ShinHan

--- Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:26:43PM -0800, Wee
> Shinhan wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm using the vector_sink block to capture complex
> > data from the receiver USRP (in the hope to be
> able to
> > predict the wireless channel coeff) I printed the
> > recevied complex data using the rx_callback
> function
> > in receive_path.py script. The problem is the
> > vector_sink produces endless amount of complex
> number
> > even though my transmitter has already finish
> > transmitting. I connect my vector sink to
> > self.packect_receiver in receive_path.py, the
> vector
> > sink should be empty if no packet is received
> right?
> > If so why am i experiencing this problem. Please
> > advice. Thanks in advance.
> >

> It depends on where you've connected the
> vector_sink.
>
> Note that vector_sink was really designed to be used
> only during QA
> testing.  It's not generally useful because it ends
> up trying to store
> a potentially infinite number of samples.
>
> Eric

Be a better friend, newshound, and