[Discuss-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Documen

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Documentation
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:30:41 -0800

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 11:15:21AM -0800, Firas A. wrote:

> Dear Eric,
>
> 1) The complete attachments (files) for the new modifications are :
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/76826593/gnuradio-html-documentation.tar.gz
> http://rapidshare.com/files/77243364/newdoc.tar.gz
>

> 2) The differences between original (Doxyfile.in, group_defs.dox) and the
> modified one (main_page.dox was not modified) are  :
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/77248944/differences.tar.gz
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Firas

Firas, I've applied a minor variation on your patches to the trunk as
of r7445.  I may have inadvertantly changed some of the EXCLUDE stuff,
please feel free to send patches as you see fit.

Everyone, these changes allow doxygen to generate unified output
that includes both the C++ classes and the Python classes.  There's
still plenty of work to be done, but this is a great start.

For those who would like to help clean up the doxygen generated
documentation, the easiest way is to submit patches against the trunk.
To do that, check out the svn trunk:

  $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk

and bootstrap and configure

  $ cd trunk
  $ ./bootstrap
  $ ./configure --enable-doxygen    # be sure to use this, otherwise no docs
  $ make

When it's done, point your browser at

  file:///ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO/gnuradio-core/doc/html/index.html

Look at the output,  edit to your heart's content, and repeat until
docs are improved ;)

When you're happy, generate a patch using

  $ svn diff > my_doc_fixes.patch

Be sure to look through the patch to ensure that it only contains
things that you mean to go in.  Then mail the patch file to
address@hidden  You'll have to subscribe first.

Looking forward to seeing our improved docs!

Eric