Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information on ticket:181 and invitation to help

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information on ticket:181 and invitation to help (long)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:33:55 -0800

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 01:09:31PM -0800, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> As a follow up to the previous message regarding the segfault issue with
> ticket:181, here is a simple test case that shows the problem.  See the
> end of this email for a request to help document which systems this
> occurs on (you won't need to do all the below, or use gdb as shown; just
> run a couple commands.)

Thanks Johnathan, for posting this.

We really do need ALL your help in bisecting this.  If you can run the
simple experiment below, and in the previous message, please do and
post the info to the list.

We know it used to work, and now it doesn't.  What we're looking for
are cases where it works and those where it doesn't.  Then for those
cases, biscect by compiler version / python version / 32-bit vs 64-bit
/ gnuradio version.

Once we know what triggers it, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
My gut sense is that it's not directly swig related.  The code they
generate looks OK.

Eric