Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ofdm parameters

From: Thomas Rondeau
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ofdm parameters
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 14:57:52 +0000

Jacopo wrote:
Thanks! But where can i check this parameter?

Is it possible that fft_length= occupated carrier (--occupied-tones in blksimpl/ofdm.py) + un_used carrier ? Where can i set the position of the occupated_bins?

To modify the bandwidth, you have to set the interpolation and decimation rates. Yes, fft_length is the size of the FFT or total number of subcarriers. Of this, only occupied-tones are used to carry data. The unused carriers are distributed evenly on the carriers and you cannot modify this behavior in the parameters currently, i.e., we do not support non-contiguous OFDM.

2008/2/2, Matt Ettus <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    Jacopo wrote:
    > Hello I'm studing an OFDM implementation on gnuradio. I want to
    > benchmark_ofdm_tx.py.
    > I have just read ofdm.py and trasmit_path.py but I can't find how
    > change some parameters.
    > I'd want a bandwith of 20Mhz, where I can set this option? Where
    can I
    > set the carriers number? And the pilot bins?
    > Is it possible to set an adaptive modulation for differents carriers?

    The USRP hardware is not capable of bandwidths that high.  You are
    off staying around 6 MHz.