Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FIR filters and set_history()

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FIR filters and set_history()
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:46:18 -0500

On Feb 6, 2008 10:42 AM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
> The history mechanism does work as it was designed to do.  For a
> history setting of N, it effectively preloads the first buffer with
> N-1 zeros.

So just to be clear, if we have 2 calls to work() where we set the
history to 5 taps for a FIR filter.  The first input:

    [ 0 0 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 ]

Will have 5 input items and produce 5 output items.  If we then call
work() again with 5 more input items, are we looking at:

    [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]

  - or -

    [ 0 0 0 0 6 7 8 9 10 ]

In essence, who's job is it to maintain state in the filter?

Brian