Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Updates

From: Shravan Rayanchu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Updates
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:56:30 -0600

Hi Tom,

I checked out the latest version of gnuradio from the trunk (svn co
http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio). I am running the
OFDM code on 2 USRP nodes over the air. The nodes are placed pretty
close to each other (a separation of ~1-1.5 meters) but this is what I
get as the output ::

ok: True        pktno: 100       n_rcvd: 60       n_right: 59
ok: True        pktno: 103       n_rcvd: 61       n_right: 60
ok: True        pktno: 105       n_rcvd: 62       n_right: 61

Basically, I seem to completely lose some of the packets in the air.
Of the packets I receive, almost all the packets are received
correctly. Initially, the error rate was too high (The packets were
getting lost and also among the packets received, lot of them were in
errors), so I increased tx-amplitude to ~3000.

Am I using the right version of the code ? Is the tarball release
better to use ? Can you please let me know if there are any parameters
which I need to change ?

Thanks,
Shravan