Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build system features

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build system features
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:20:53 -0500

rereading, I see this:

  --with-omnithread       Use package omnithread if installed in
                          $prefix/lib/pkgconfig; otherwise revert back to
                          --enable-omnithread
  --with-gnuradio-core    Use package gnuradio-core if installed in
                          $prefix/lib/pkgconfig; otherwise revert back to
                          --enable-gnuradio-core

from a pkgsrc point of view, I'd like to see this be

  use it from --prefix, and fail if not there.

the 'build it if not there' does not serve the cause of repeatable
builds, where things go exactly as planned, or you notice.
But, I realize that packaging systems may not be the only client.

It would be nice if needed and disabled things were just looked for in
prefix, and an error if not present, but I haven't really pondered all
the use cases.