[Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfallsink

From: Tobias Gresch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfallsink
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:06:55 +0100

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anybody else on the list sees some strange behavior
with waterfallsink2.py.

For example when I execute usrp_fft.py with the -W option I do not get
a waterfall graph as expected but instead of having the spectra moving
down slowly the actual spectrum is drawn over the whole height of the
graph.

I tried to track down the problem and it appears that the bitmap is copied
correctly to shift it one down but later gets overwritten (see [1]) because
the height value of 1 in the method dc1.DrawRectangle() is somehow too
small. If I set it to 2, i.e. dc1.DrawRectangle(x_pos*p_width, 0, p_width, 2),
it works.

I suppose it's a problem in wxpython or even wxwidgets and I am just
curious if it is specific on my install or if the other Gutsy users find the
same behavior.

The computer runs an Ubuntu Gutsy and the version of wxwidgets is 2.8.4.
I use the latest gnuradio from the trunk.

Best regards,
  Tobias

ps. In waterfallsink2.py in the class waterfall_window make_colormap(self) is defined twice. [2]

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr-wxgui/src/python/waterfallsink2.py#L316
[2] http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr-wxgui/src/python/waterfallsink2.py#L219