[Discuss-gnuradio] Qt and QWT

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Qt and QWT
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:30:34 +0100

Hello!

I've seen some messages reagrding Qt and GNU Radio, and some code in the repository. I'd like to use Qt and QWT. QWT simply looks great and very useful, and I hope to get better performance with Qt compared to Wx.

AFICS the graphical sinks need some way to get the data from a block. Other parts like buttons, check boxes, boxes, labels etc. do not need to interact with GNU Radio flowgraph data (only things like set parameters, reconnect, all kind of 'meta'-manipulation). So I assume one (simply ;-) ) needs to write the glue code for the sinks to get real use of Qt.

I guess I'm not the first one thinking about Qt, but I could not find any rationals for or against. Any ideas, pitfalls/caveats, experiences?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>