Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on embedded systems

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on embedded systems
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:20:41 -0800

On 2/24/08, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I'm particularly interested in using the python-less method
>  of connecting blocks. I understand that many of the GNU radio blocks
>  are written using floating point, but does the core gnu radio code
>  depend on good floating point performance?

The GNU Radio runtime does not have any *DSP* floating point
dependencies, though the use of floating point is scattered throughout
for routine calculations.  You'd need a co-processor or software
emulation to handle this.

That being said, the majority of existing signal processing blocks are
written to work with single-precision floating point; you'd have to
write your own fixed-point stuff.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC