Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on USRP

From: Carles Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on USRP
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:06:43 +0100

Hi Faisal,

I'm also working with GNU Radio for GNSS applications. A good start could be a recording of samples into datafiles and then post-process the data in the way that you feel more comfortable (the book [1] comes with a DVD with a complete GPS L1 receiver implemented in MATLAB, all GNU code). Once you get familiarized with the processing, you can try to implement the receiver in GNU Radio.

At least, this is the way I'm following. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Cheers,
Carles.

[1] Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, and Peter Rinder, A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis). Birkhäuser Boston; 1 edition (November 9, 2006)