Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio

From: Steven Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:40:12 -0500

No USRP, no problem. Here is an example of what you want (taken from
http://noether.uoregon.edu/~jl/gmsk/gmsk-test.py)

                # Mix to IF
                lo = gr.sig_source_c(sample_rate, gr.GR_SIN_WAVE, lo_freq,
                   1.0, 0)
                mixer = gr.multiply_cc()
                fg.connect(lo, (mixer, 1))

                # Take real part as transmit
                ctof = gr.complex_to_float()

                # Simulate noise in the channel
                noise = gr.noise_source_f(gr.GR_GAUSSIAN, noise_mag)
                air_noise = gr.add_ff()
                fg.connect(noise, (air_noise, 1))

                # Mix to baseband
                chan_taps = gr.firdes.low_pass(1.0, sample_rate, lp_cutoff,
                   lp_tw, gr.firdes.WIN_HAMMING)
                chan_filter = gr.freq_xlating_fir_filter_fcf(1, chan_taps,
                   -lo_freq, sample_rate)

Hope that helps.
-Steven