Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X Build problem

From: Jonathan P Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X Build problem
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:16:59 -0700 (PDT)

Here's another data point. I am using OS X 10.4.10 on a PPC Mac with Python 2.3.5, the one that comes with OS X 10.4. I have built GNU Radio from trunk recently with no problems.

In order to avoid difficulties I have heard about on this list and elsewhere, I have not installed another Python.

Because I am still using the old Python, I can't use MacPorts for any packages that have Python dependencies (otherwise MacPorts will install the new Python).

In March 2007 I installed NumPy 1.0.1 from the source tarball at
http://www.scipy.org/Download
I see the current version is 1.0.4, but 1.0.1 is still available from sourceforge (linked from the scipy page).

In 2005 I installed wxPython 2.6.1.0 from
wxPython2.6-osx-ansi-2.6.1.0-macosx10.3-py2.3.dmg
available at http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries.  I see it's still
there.

These work for me.

Jon Jacky