Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hello everyone. I am a new here. I have someques

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hello everyone. I am a new here. I have somequestions.
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:01:09 -0600

Alex-

> I was posting to GNURadio about an year ago but I got busy and then I
> stopped. I
> have again started reading about GNURadio and hope to devote my free time this
> entire year on GNURadio.
>
> So I have started reading Discrete Time Signal Processing by Oppenheim /
> Schafer /
> Buck.
>
> Chapter 4/ Page 168 says : -
>
> x_s(t)=x_c(t)s(t)
>          =x_c(t) Sigma ( from n = -inf to inf ) [ delta (t-nT) ]
>
> Through the sifting property of the impulse function , x_s(t) can be
> expressed as :
>
> x_s(t) = Sigma (from - inf to inf ) [ x_c(nT) delta ( t-nT) ]
>
> Now this version of the sifting property is for the DISCRETE impulse function
> NOT
> the continuous Dirac delta function, but just before the discussion starts it
> says
> that delta(t) is the unit impulse function or the Dirac delta function. Is
> this a
> typo ? Shouled this have been the discrete delta function? If it is'nt, how
> do the
> above steps hold?

Well, if you have the first printing, you can check here first:

ftp://ftp.prenhall.com/pub/esm/electrical_and_computer_engineering.s-045/oppenheim/DTSP/errata1pph.pdf

But otherwise, my comment would be... a typo in an Oppenheim & Schafer book?  9
years
after being published and after countless peer reviews?  And you found it?  One
thing
for sure is you're not lacking audacity and enthusiasm.  Keep going.

-Jeff