[Discuss-gnuradio] Q about ScopeSink2

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Q about ScopeSink2
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:15:49 -0400

I'm finishing up my changes to gr-wxgui in my branch 'wxgui', inserting a few changes I figured out from my demos from last week. One particular one I'm wondering about is the following line from (my new) scopesink2.py:433 :

        self.data_event = window_data_event (
self, self.format_data, lambda e, w, h: w.Connect (-1, -1, e, h))

I've read about the .Connect method (from wxWidgets, not from wxPython) [it comes from wx.EvtHandler, which is then inherited into all wx.Window types], and cannot figure out why to use that instead of the usual .Bind method. The only thing I can think of is that .Connect is more general in what it can do ... but it's not being used that way here (the '-1's are defaults). Commenting out the lambda and such - to use .Bind - works just fine. Any ideas / memories / comments? Thanks! - MLD