Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Tx Rate Conversion

From: Wireless Monster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Tx Rate Conversion
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:48:16 -0400

...I understand...
so... What needs to be done to assure data will be treated as a 270.833Ks/s rate?

Thanks!

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Brian Padalino <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Wireless Monster
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> Thank you for your help. Looks good :)
>
> So If I understood correctly I can do the following:
>
> I set the USRP interpolator to 64, so the USRP sink will consume samples at
> a 2MS/s. I add the resampler just before with a ratio 16/13 so I it consumes
> samples with a 1.625MS/s rate. Just before that I have the GMSK filter with
> a interpolation factor of 6 so at the input it is consuming samples at the
> desired rate 270833.333 Samples/s.
>
> At hat point can I send the samples (for example from a file with
> gr.file_source) and guarantee they will be treated as a 270.8333Ks/s stream?
> (assuming there will be enough samples to process)

No.  They will be treated like a 2Msps stream which is what you
interpolated your 270.8333Ksps stream to.  You will have interpolated
your original signal by exactly 96/13 which will give you a 2Msps
stream.

Brian