[Discuss-gnuradio] Sending pre-saved OFDM file to USRP

From: Hoo-chang Shin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending pre-saved OFDM file to USRP
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to send a pre-saved OFDM file to a transmitter USRP, and to receive
the signal from a receiver USRP.
>From the 'benchmark_ofdm_tx.py' I've saved the OFDM signal to a file using
>'gr.file_sink', instead of sending it to 'usrp.sink_c'.
And then I want to read the data from the saved file and send it though the
transmitter USRP, and receive it from the other USRP, but does not work.

Could anyone give tip, why it does not work? Or give help how to make it work?

This is my code:

#!/usr/bin/env python

from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import usrp

from numpy import *

class send_from_file_graph (gr.flow_graph):

    def __init__(self):
    gr.flow_graph.__init__(self)

    filename = 'tx_usrp_data.dat'
    # which I had saved from 'benchmark_ofdm_tx.py' using
'gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, filename)'
    src = gr.file_source ( gr.sizeof_gr_complex, filename, False)

    self.v_snk = gr.vector_sink_c()

    # setup usrp
    self.u = usrp.sink_c(fusb_block_size=0, fusb_nblocks=0)
    self.u.set_interp_rate(512)
    self._tx_subdev_spec = usrp.pick_tx_subdevice(self.u)
    self.subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(self.u, self._tx_subdev_spec)

    self.u.tune(self.subdev._which, self.subdev, 2.45e9)
    self.subdev.set_gain(200)
    self.subdev.set_auto_tr(True)
    # ##

    self.connect(src, self.v_snk)
    self.run()
    v_src = gr.vector_source_c(self.v_snk.data())
    self.connect(v_src, self.u)
    self.run()

def main():

    fg = send_from_file_graph ()