[Discuss-gnuradio]usrp_sounder question

From: Qi Chen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio]usrp_sounder question
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:54:26 -0500

Hi all,

I have a question about the usrp_sounder. I realized that it uses a custom fpga bit file to avoid the USB I/O bottleneck entirely, which makes sense to me. So if I would like to do off-line processing (cross-correlation, and etc) instead of real-time, I would use usrp_rx_cfile.py to read data off of the usrp. My questions are: 1. where exactly does this python program read data from? does it always read data after the ADC or it depends. 2. If I set one usrp to be the transmit sounder, which constantly sending out m-sequences, and I could read data off of the ADC, would the results make any sense if I do off-line processing? For example, I generate an m-sequence of the same length and cross-correlate it with the received sequence.

Thanks

Qi Chen