Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:18:11 -0400

The blks package was removed from gnuradio a while back. And this error is a problem with the most current release of GRC and gnuradio.

I have been meaning to release the current trunk as a version 0.70 (which will fix this problem). After this release, I will replace the grc trunk with the branch I have been working on.

The branch supports code generation and some other neat features. Checkout this (in progress) guide http://www.joshknows.com/pages/grc_gnuradio.html#new if anyone is interested. When this semester is over, I plan to finish the guide/make tutorials and examples/add features like hierarchical blocks...

Unless there are any objections, I will release the 0.70 later today.

-Josh

irene159 wrote:

Hello, I am also facing the “ImportError: cannot import name blks” problem. My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and I am not sure what my gnuradio version is, I
followed the wiki Ubuntu installing instructions [1] and installed gnuradio
using: svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio cd gnuradio ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make chek && make install

Josh Blum wrote:
This is because the latest gnuradio trunk no longer has blks package. You can run gnuradio 3.1.1 release with grc 0.69. Or, use the latest grc trunk with the latest gnuradio trunk. -Josh

I figured out this is the answer to my problem but I don’t know what I have
to do to use the latest grc trunk (I am not really familiar with gnuradio
yet). Regards, Irene

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall